Courses & Workshops
For details of our candle making courses please view the information below. To make a booking or for a specific enquiry please contact us by email or call Rob on 0798 4928885.
We currently have course places available on:
1 space available - Sunday 1st March 2020 (10am to 1.30pm)
FULL - Saturday 29th February 2020 (10am to 1.30pm)
FULL - Sunday 9th February 2020 (10am to 1.30pm)
FULL - Saturday 8th February 2020 (10am to 1.30pm)
FULL - Sunday 19th January 2020 (10am to 1.30pm)
FULL - Saturday 18th January 2020 (10am to 1.30pm)
Recent course reviews
This course was excellent and jam packed with content. We covered so much and went home with a collection of 5 different candles. Rob is a very knowledgeable and patient tutor and the day was great fun. - Louise
This course is perfect for beginners! I thoroughly enjoyed it and learned so much. Rob is undoubtedly one of the best in the candle world! You will learn how to make different types of candles as well as a few tricks of the trade. Thoroughly enjoyable course and worth every penny! - Charlotte. Read more reviews
At The Wax Studio we love to give people the chance to experience the joy of working with wax by offering creative candle making workshops and courses. We run very popular half-day courses for beginners on a regular basis (see availability above) and also cater for small groups or 1 to 1 workshops in which we customise the content and date to suit the participants' requirements.
Our half-day courses for beginners are designed to suit those who are completely new to candle making or who have made a start at home and would like some further tuition. The price of the beginners course is £75 per person and includes all materials and at least five beautiful candles you make worth over £20 to take home. We have small class sizes of no more than 6 people. The courses usually run from 10am to 1.30pm and are held at our workshop near Leamington Spa, which is a working candle making workshop housed in a farm out-building. There is plenty of parking and tea, coffee and biscuits are provided!
The beginners course covers:
- An introduction to equipment and materials; types of wax (paraffin, soya, sterine, beeswax and wax additives), wicks, dyes, scents and moulds.
- Making two scented container candles in glass jars.
- Making two decorative moulded candles, using both rubber and solid moulds (including making a beeswax candle, as featured on this website)
- Making dipped taper candles and shaping them creatively.
We can also bring our workshops to the venue of your choice by prior arrangement. We occasionally run candle making workshops at outdoor festivals and other events.
We have recently conducted candle making courses for:
- Individuals looking to set up their own small candle making business.
- A fun hen party for 10 people
- A small group wanting a fun activity for a birthday.
- Aroma therapists learning to make their own scented container candles.
- A respite fun day doing candle dipping with 12 children carers.
- A children’s ninth birthday party activity.
- Beekeepers wishing to use their beeswax to start making candles.
Below are pictures from some of our courses and workshops and our video from the Glastonbury Festival.