Workshops & Courses
Current availability for our half-day courses for beginners
- Saturday May 12th - Completed
- Sunday May 13th - Completed
- Saturday June 2nd - Full
- Sunday June 3rd- Full
- Saturday June 23rd - spaces available
Please contact us by email to make a no obligation enquiry, or to make a booking.
At The Wax Studio we love to give people the chance to experience the joy of working with wax by offering creative candle making workshops and courses. We run very popular half-day courses for beginners on a regular basis (see availability above) and also cater for small groups or 1 to 1 workshops in which we customise the content and date to suit the participants' requirements.
Our half-day courses for beginners are designed to suit those who are completely new to candle making or who have made a start at home and would like some further tuition. The price of the beginners course is £75 per person and includes all materials and the at least five beautiful candles you make to take home. We have small class sizes of no more than 5 people. The courses usually run from 10am to 1.30pm and are held at our workshop near Leamington Spa, which is a working candle making workshop housed in a farm out-building. There is plenty of parking and tea, coffee and biscuits are provided!
The beginners course covers:
- An introduction to equipment and materials; types of wax (paraffin, soya, sterine, beeswax and wax additives), also wicks, dyes, scents etc.
- Making scented container candles in glasses / tins. (You are free to bring your own scents and a few containers of your own to fill if you wish).
- Making decorative moulded candles, using both rubber and solid moulds (including making a beeswax candle, as featured on this website)
- Making dipped candles and shaping them creatively when warm.
We can also bring our workshops to the venue of your choice by prior arrangement. We occasionally run candle making workshops at outdoor festivals and other events.
We have recently conducted candle making courses for:
- Individuals looking to set up their own small candle making business.
- A small group wanting a fun activity for a birthday treat.
- Aroma therapists learning to make their own scented container candles.
- A respite fun day doing candle dipping with 12 children carers.
- A children’s ninth birthday party activity.
- Beekeepers wishing to use their beeswax to start making candles.
Below are pictures from some of our workshops and our video from the Glastonbury Festival.